Monday, July 22, 2013

The ever-growing To-Do list

Seriously. It just keeps getting longer. 

What you're seeing is actually Page 3. Page 3. In July. And really, this is only the outline for my first week of school. You oughta see the list of things to accomplish before the kiddos come. 

Typically, my to-do list really gets hammered out during the first week of August, so why am I working on it NOW? 

Well that's because I'll be going on a little thing called VACATION next week :D After vacation, I will have exactly one week before the first day of school, so this is officially the shortest amount of time I've had to prep for the school year. I'm feeling stressed in a new way, since my classroom is being used for summer school. Oy vey. 


I always love finding new teacher blogs. Teachers have so much knowledge and experience to share; it is such a blessing to find one or a few who mirror your teaching style and personality. Thanks to the world of Pinterest (my summer PD), I came across Mrs. Ripp's blog, a 5th grade teacher in Wisconsin. She posted a similar list of first week activities, which mine resembles quite a bit! She has some phenomenal ideas in this post. 

What does your to-do list look like? Is anyone else feeling the crunch? 

No comments:

Post a Comment